Monday, December 8, 2008

What better to do...

...than start a blog while home sick? I've got cabin fever of the worst kind, and since I can't go to the gym or out to the beach to continue training for the half marathon, I'll start our wedding blog.

After many, many emails with planners (mostly by Tania, God bless her), one trip to PV to scout locations, and many conversations about details, we've nailed down a date and location for our wedding. It will be in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, on Halloween of 2009, which is a Saturday. No, we're not going to ask people to put on costumes. Actually, we're forbidding costumes at the ceremony and reception since we know our friends might have a little too much fun with it.

We're going to arrive in PV the Wednesday before and spend the day getting settled in. Thursday we'll most likely go with a group of people on some sort of excursion, maybe rope lining or hiking. Then that night we'll have a reception for everyone who's in town.

Friday, Tania will do whatever girls do, probably drink margaritas, get their nails done, and talk about their feelings. I, on the other hand, will take my groomsmen fishing or golfing, while we talk about politics and other worldly, sophisticated subjects. Then on Friday night my parents are hosting the rehearsal dinner at La Bodeguita, which is a Cuban restaurant in the heart of downtown PV. Should be a great time and a deserving nod to Tania's Mom's heritage.

Then, on Saturday, we have the big event. I won't be able to see Tania until late in the afternoon, which sucks, but I know the girls will be taking care of her. I also know that my brother and Dad will want to watch the Notre Dame game since they play Washington St. and is probably the only game they'll win next year. (kidding Uncle Mike)

The ceremony is either going to be at the Villa Mediterraneo where the reception will be, or at a chapel in town. That is the only detail still up in the air.

Then on Sunday we'll have a brunch downtown so we can see everybody again before they head back to the US.

I can't tell you how excited I am, and we are, to celebrate this day with all of you. It wouldn't be the same if we couldn't celebrate it with the people we love the most. So, have a great, safe holiday season and 2009, and be sure to check back here for updates over the next 10 months.

Talk soon,
Craig

No comments: